|Author||Alex Beregszaszi, Afri Schoedon|
This meta-EIP specifies the changes included in the Ethereum hardfork named Istanbul.
- Codename: Istanbul
- Activation: TBD
- EIP-615: Subroutines and Static Jumps for the EVM
- EIP-1057: ProgPoW, a Programmatic
- There is a pending audit, above and beyond standard security considerations, that should be evaluated prior to inclusion.
- EIP-1108: Reduce alt_bn128 precompile gas costs
- EIP-1283: Net gas metering for SSTORE without dirty maps
- EIP-1344: Add ChainID opcode
- EIP-1352: Specify restricted address range for precompiles/system contracts
- EIP-1380: Reduced gas cost for call to self
- EIP-1559: Fee market change for ETH 1.0 chain
- EIP-1965: Method to check if a chainID is valid at a specific block Number
- EIP-1702: Generalized account versioning scheme
- EIP-1706: Disable SSTORE with gasleft lower than call stipend
- EIP-1803: Rename opcodes for clarity
- EIP-1829: Precompile for Elliptic Curve Linear Combinations
- EIP-1884: Repricing for trie-size-dependent opcodes
- EIP-1930: CALLs with strict gas semantic. Revert if not enough gas available.
- EIP-2028: Calldata gas cost reduction
- 2019-05-17 (Fri) hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul”
- 2019-07-19 (Fri) soft deadline for major client implementations
- 2019-08-14 (Wed) projected date for testnet network upgrade (Ropsten, Görli, or ad-hoc testnet)
- 2019-10-16 (Wed) projected date for mainnet upgrade (“Istanbul”)
- Core Dev call notes where timeline was proposed and accepted
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.